Explorers 3 is the most advanced class in the Explorers toddler development program, designed to keep little ones age 24 – 30 months active while preparing for the preschool years, with a focus on listening skills, following group directions, respect for others, turn taking, and developing an appreciation for the art of practicing. Coordination, balance and strength will be refined through playful gymnastic games, exercises, and creative movement. Circle time activities focus on fine motor and gross motor skills, language development, and repetition. Children work on more advanced art projects, such as beading, to enhance fine motor skills. The gym is set up for more advanced movement, with climbing stairs, and the children work toward being more independent. A positive balance of instructor led activities and free time in the gym works wonderfully with this age group to keep toddlers happy and engaged throughout the session. The class is led by our Early Childhood Specialist, who encourages discussion of best practices for toddler development, with plenty of activity ideas for you to try at home.
All mommy and me play spaces at the Wellesley Tree House are clean, child safe, spacious, innovative and engaging. The gym is skillfully set up to provide the perfect environment for your toddler to have fun while exploring his/her little world.
- Refine coordination, balance and strength through playful gymnastic games, exercises, and creative movement
- Develop skills necessary for preschool, such as listening, following direction, turn taking, and practicing
- Enhance fine motor and gross motor skills through more advanced movement
- Stimulate senses through sensory play, including sensory table
- Enhance socialization skills
See what our Tree House members are saying!